Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, June 18, 2007

English and Spanish Father's Day

Well, the weekend in Stockton, CA turned out to be quite an experience...especially for me. I'm always encouraging students to be stretched...well, I was stretched a bit by doing two services on Father's Day...not the two services, but one of them being in Spanish. Imagine doing a monologue with an interpreter. I did a monologue called "The Bible" with an interpreter. It took a little longer, but was still performed in a good amount of time. For me the highlight was performing "Watch the Lamb" and "Crucified With Christ" to spanish vocalists. The words are a little different, but it worked well. I had to sing the words in mind, so I wouldn't get ahead or behind. Overall, I'm glad I took on the challenge and now can do those two songs in Spanish. We are trying to add more sketches in spanish on our website at howitiller.com. Right now we have one Christmas play in spanish and one Easter monologue (Obvious) in Spanish.

No comments: