Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, June 21, 2007

CODE West

Well, the first day of CODE West went awesome. A great mix of sign language, stand up comedy, monologue and drama. People from Nevada, Texas, Arizona and of course California came together for the seventh annual CODE West.

The trip here wasn't the best. It started when flying out of Omaha an hour late. Arrived in Phoenix just in time to walk off one plane and step right on another to LAX. I asked about the luggage, but was assured that the luggage would also make it. Well, upon arriving in LAX, the luggage didn't make the trip. Did the typical counter report and was assured that the luggage would be at my hotel in Hanford CA the next morning....not on your life. I still don't have it and won't have it until tomorrow around ten o'clock. That's not all...I arrived at my hotel at 2:30AM only to find out that my room had been canceled. Finally found another hotel...got in bed about 4:00am...got up early to teach a youth group the song by Kirk Franklin and Toby Mac called Lose My Soul...we act it out. Anyway, all is well now...well except I don't have my luggage yet, but hopefully that will be remedied by 10.

No comments: