Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Opening of the Hand

I left Hanford,CA Monday morning and took Amtrak to Stockton, CA, rented a van and drove to Lake Tahoe to meet 70 teens for youth camp.

While on the train I began writing a new play called, "The Opening of the Hand". It's a concept and thought that's been on my mind for a month or so. I had been writing a few thoughts as they came to me, but something clicked while on that 2 hour train ride. The writing moved forward very quickly and the first scene is rough drafted and I'm screaming toward scene two. We'll keep you abreast of the script and when it will be available.

The concept is centered around how that we close our hand when we don't want to reach out or we don't want others reaching out to us. I'm taking poetic license in writing some Biblical characters into the play...mixing in real characters from the Bible...so we'll see what happens.

No comments: