Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas Eve at Mountain Creek Train Station

Christmas Eve at Mountain Creek Train Station in St. Louis went well. I wish I had had a chance to come in little earlier for more blocking rehearsals, but over all it went well. The church used the play in coordination with a Dinner Drama. They entertained 300 people in three nights. The food was fantastic, the hospitality was great. I can only see this event growing each year. The church wants to create an annual dinner drama for the community.
They served the meal in a multipurpose room and then the people retired to the sanctuary for Christmas Eve at Mountain Creek Train Station. I have to say the set was one of the best I've been able to work with. The technicians were really on top of it.
I introduced the tech crew to a microphone that I use when I'm on tour. It's called a boundary mic. A boundary mic is a phantom powered condensor mic. It's flat and sits on the floor. I wouldn't trade it for anything. You should try one the next time you're doing a play. Call me if you have any questions about that.
Anyway, they did professionally video tape their performance with $33,000.00 cameras. Very high quality videoing. I'm making the video available soon on our website at www.howitiller.com.
Sunday afternoon I stayed around and did "Close Friends". It was a great audience. They laughed and cried at everything. That was a special day for everyone.
I hope you all are enjoying your Holidays with family.

No comments: