Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, July 2, 2007

Vacation with Spencer

Finally....a time of relaxing or ah...so I thought. Took my son and three friends to Perry State Park in Kansas for a few days of fun and relaxation. Turned out to be more work than I thought. It started with a mountain bike trail called the Wild West. Well, I'm so out of shape that it turned out to be mimpy west for me. I bowed out after the first mile as the young guns took on another 2 miles of trails. One mile was all I was good for... as my legs turned into rubber. So I kicked back with a caffeine free Dr. Pepper (Which by the way tastes the same as regular DP.) Spencer and the young guns came through the other side of the Wild West exhausted, but ready for more. We had already checked onto our cabin, which was the cabin of choice for me...all the modern conveniences... on the lake...yet with aircon, showers, kitchen and bedrooms. That's about as rough'in it as I get. I was doing good without having my computer. I felt like something was missing all weekend long. I did it...cold turkey, but I did it. No computer.
Well, the next day we waited for the rain to stop and then fished the spillway. Caught enough White Bass and Blue Gill that we all had a great fish fry that night. Taught the boys how to filet the fish...none of them had ever (Except Spencer) fileted a fish before.
Sunday morning we rented a ten passenger pontoon boat and fished all day. It was a perfect 80 degrees. We caught a few more fish...I guess not quite enough...as the guys wanted to try the spillway one more time.
Got home about 11:00 pm and slept until 10:00am. I had to come home so I could get some rest. Vacation is hard work.

No comments: